Every IT vendor has an opinion on IT analyst firms. Some call them charlatans; others call them oracles. Say what you want about IT analyst firms, they are still an important part of the landscape. IT decision makers often look to them for data, advice, and/or validation, as the analyst voice can lend credibility and recognition to a vendor’s solutions and strategies for their given market and broaden that message to a larger audience.
It is for these reasons that Barracuda is proud to be recognized as a Strong Performer in the latest Forrester Web Application Firewall (WAF) Wave, published by Amy DeMartine. You can read the press release here, and download a complimentary copy of the report at https://barracuda.com/WAFWave.
The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is a comprehensive web application security platform that secures your apps, defends against bots and DDoS attacks, and accelerates application delivery. We have more information on the Barracuda website here.
When I talk to customers about what the analyst community is saying about the Barracuda WAF, it’s easy for me to highlight our core differentiators:
- Automated vulnerability scanning and remediation for a continuously strong security posture
- A fully featured REST API (more info here and here)
- Our rich libraries of WAF Resources and Barracuda Campus documentation for securing the next generation of applications built with APIs and automation tools
We provide comprehensive sources for all of these differentiators, but customers still want to hear from the voices they trust to give them an objective, unbiased view. The fact that Barracuda was one of only ten vendors highlighted in the report really is a recognition of our vision to provide proven enterprise-class security while also making it simple to implement within any environment, across hybrid and multi-cloud deployments, all backed by our award-winning customer support.'Our goal is to offer our customers comprehensive, enterprise-class security without complexity ... this report reflects the trust that our customers and partners place in our WAF technology every day to protect their applications.” ~@hatem_naguib Click To Tweet
It’s no secret that today most organizations are choosing their infrastructure on a per-app basis. This had led to applications residing across the world and they can be (and usually are) connected to a veritable treasure trove of company and customer data that can be compromised by the inevitable unpatched vulnerability. I truly believe that an application security strategy is an important piece to an overall security posture and there is no better solution than the Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
More resources on the Barracuda Web Application Firewall:
- Barracuda Vulnerability Manager
- Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service
- Barracuda WAF Free Webinars
- Calling Barracuda's WAF a firewall is seriously selling it short
- Barrracuda Networks Unfurls WAF Cloud Service
- Verschlüsselung auf Anwendungsebene: schützt vor Manipulation der Anwendungslogik und beugt Session Hijacking vor
- Barracuda Application Security Blog