We've just launched another exciting app designed to improve the security and productivity of IT pros and mobile workers. The app is called CudaLaunch, and it integrates with the Barracuda NG Firewall to provide access to the company's internal resources. It's available for iOS and Android devices.
So what does this mean for IT Directors, SysAdmins, CIOs, and others who are charged with ensuring workers have the resources they need? Let's break down some of the features and benefits using CudaLaunch:
- It's easy to use. You'll get no complaints on the user interface here — the swipe interface and customizable favorites screen makes it easy for end users to access their apps.
- We built this specifically for BYOD environments. There's no need to configure enrollment or control of private mobile devices. CudaLaunch is an app that integrates with the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- It's easy to manage. The app is self-configuring, so large deployments are easy and fast. It's also easy to add additional users as needed. You simply use the existing Barracuda NG Firewall centralized management and security features to provision the approved resources, and let the users download the app and login.
- Your network remains secure. CudaLaunch integrates with the powerful security features of the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- CudaLaunch is affordable. No per-user license fees. Great for when you add staff, or when there's a temporary spike in usage, like a weather disruption. A low-cost solution for your remote workers.
- There's no VPN technology for the users to manage. Many end users do not like the perceived ‘hassle' of connecting to the VPN. They just want to do their work. CudaLaunch makes it simple.
- There's no corporate MDM. In a true BYOD environment, users do not want to enroll their devices in the corporate MDM, which may control and track their devices more than they like. CudaLaunch lets IT be assured that users are accessing internal resources in a secure way, with no complaints about an MDM.
- There's no Java. You can go ahead and disable Java in the browser. You can access corporate applications through CudaLaunch, which does not require Java.
CudaLaunch was designed for both IT and end-users. In a true BYOD environment, users are constantly transitioning from corporate networks to home and public networks. These networks are often less secure and can result in a compromised mobile device being connected to the corporate network. Our CudaLaunch app allows IT to extend the secure corporate network to end-users, regardless of their location.
Here are just some of the features you get with CudaLaunch:
- Easy central management, with access control policies inherited from the Barracuda NG Firewall.
- Innovative swipe interface and rich app-based end user experience, similar on both iOS and Android.
- Easy access to IP VPN connections for Remote Desktop, Voice-over-IP (VoIP), or other applications
- Interactive Launchpad that provides secure access to the private cloud.
CudaLaunch requires Barracuda NG Firewall version 6.1.1 and higher with the Barracuda NG Basic and Premium Remote Access subscriptions. If you'd like to try CudaLaunch before setting up a Barracuda NG Firewall, you can use the demo that is included in the app.
Get CudaLaunch here:
For more information about CudaLaunch, visit this website.
For more on the Barracuda NG Firewall, visit the product website here.
Learn more about the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall in this Demo on Demand video
Christine Barry ist Senior Chief Blogger und Social Media Manager bei Barracuda. Bevor sie zu Barracuda kam, war Christine über 15 Jahre als Außendiensttechnikerin und Projektmanagerin für K12 und SMB-Kunden tätig. Sie hat mehrere Zugangsdaten für Technologie und Projektmanagement, einen Bachelor of Arts und einen Master of Business Administration. Sie ist Absolventin der University of Michigan.
Vernetzen Sie sich hier auf LinkedIn mit Christine.