In this webinar, Michael Osterman and Danny Milrad take you through some of the challenges and best practices surrounding a migration to Office 365. Michael is the founder of Osterman Research, whose primary practice areas include archiving, security, encryption, and content management. Michael takes you through some information on cloud email, on-premises v cloud Exchange, and hybrid deployments.
Danny is the Director of Storage Product Marketing for Barracuda. He discusses how Barracuda solutions simplify and complement Office 365 deployments.
- Industry trends regarding on-premises email, and MS Exchange in particular
- Drivers for migrating to Office 365, including costs, agility, productivity, and more
- Why migrating to the cloud should be thought of and managed as a migration rather than an update
- How issues such as versions, devices, tools, work practices, file sharing, bandwidth, etc., can affect the outcome
- Why you need to consider what the loss of control means to your company
- The importance of a reliable network, layers of security, and chains-of-custody for data in legal holds
- How to approach issues like email security, compliance, eDiscovery, archiving, DR/BC, and backup
- What on-premises capabilities you will need in order to migrate to the cloud
- How to determine what will be migrated, such as PST files, existing content archives, inactive data, etc.
- Implications of systems like Lync and Yammer
- 5 key challenges of migration
- When to use a third-party solution like Barracuda PST Enterprise
- Maintaining availability and Quality of Service on the network now that mission critical resources are in the cloud
- Protecting against web-based threats, deploying encryption, and preventing data leakage in Office 365
- How to manage archiving for files, social media, and PST files
- How to maintain compliance in an Office 365 environment
We've discussed Office 365 migration several times, most recently here and here. Barracuda has a range of solutions to help you migrate to Office 365 and make the most of your investment. For more information, visit our corporate site here.
Christine Barry ist Senior Chief Blogger und Social Media Manager bei Barracuda. In dieser Rolle hilft sie, Barracuda-Geschichten zum Leben zu erwecken und die Kommunikation zwischen der Öffentlichkeit und den internen Barracuda-Teams zu erleichtern. Bevor sie zu Barracuda kam, war Christine über 15 Jahre lang als Außendiensttechnikerin und Projektmanagerin für K12- und KMU-Kunden tätig. Sie hat mehrere Abschlüsse in Technologie, einen Bachelor of Arts und einen Master of Business Administration. Sie ist Absolventin der University of Michigan.
Vernetzen Sie sich hier auf LinkedIn mit Christine.