Over the last couple of days we've made some announcements regarding our award-winning Barracuda Backup:
- The launch of the Barracuda Backup 290
- The resizing of the Barracuda Backup 390
- The VMware Ready certification for the Barracuda Backup as part of the VMware TAP program
Let's start with the first one in that list. The Barracuda Backup 290 offers 1 TB of usable space, with a 500GB recommended backup volume. The sizing makes it perfect for the small and medium-size organization. It is our smallest rackmount unit in the Barracuda Backup line, and it weighs about 9lbs.
Like other Barracuda Backup models, it includes these features:
- Integrierte Cloud-Replikation
- LiveBoot und Cloud LiveBoot
- Granulare Wiederherstellung von Dateien und Nachrichten
- Einheitliche Cloud Management Plattform
- No per-server or per-application fees
And like the Barracuda Backup 190 and 390, the new 290 is available as a Backup as a Service subscription.
Speaking of the Barracuda Backup 390, we've increased the storage size on that to 2TB, with a recommended backup volume of 1TB. This model is a 1U rackmount appliance and includes a 2×2 TB Redundant Disk Array (RAID).
Another announcement that we made this week is that the Barracuda Backup has achieved VMware Ready status. The VMware Ready program allows us to assure customers that our products have been jointly tested, and they are ready to be deployed in production installations. It speaks to the quality and reliability of the product, and it VMware's highest level of endorsement for a product or service offered by a VMware partner.
In addition to the VMware Ready status, Barracuda Backup has recently achieved the following industry recognition:
- Once again ranked #1 in Integrated Systems for Purpose-Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) units shipped in IDC’s Worldwide Purpose-Built Backup Appliance tracker for Q1 CY2014.
- Achieved a Top-Five ranking in IDC’s Top-Five Vendors, Worldwide PBBA Factory Revenue Tracker with 29.8 percent year-over-year revenue growth for Q1 CY2014.
- Recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances report for the first time June 2014.
For more information on the Barracuda Backup, visit the product page here. If you'd like to try the Barracuda Backup, you can get a risk-free 30-day evaluation unit here.
Barracuda Backup with LiveBoot
Christine Barry ist Senior Chief Blogger und Social Media Manager bei Barracuda. Bevor sie zu Barracuda kam, war Christine über 15 Jahre als Außendiensttechnikerin und Projektmanagerin für K12 und SMB-Kunden tätig. Sie hat mehrere Zugangsdaten für Technologie und Projektmanagement, einen Bachelor of Arts und einen Master of Business Administration. Sie ist Absolventin der University of Michigan.
Vernetzen Sie sich hier auf LinkedIn mit Christine.