Earlier this year we launched Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), which is a cool new way for customers to get into the award winning Barracuda Backup for less than $100/month. Last week we expanded the program so that it’s available worldwide. Let's talk a little more about this and how you can get started with the program.
Barracuda Backup models 190 and 390 are available now in the BaaS model. This subscription is perfect for companies that have these characteristics:
- 200-500GB of data to protect
- Price-sensitive and need to carefully budget the disaster recovery assets
- Have no dedicated IT or backup staff
- Want a simple and seamless solution that includes local backup, local storage, software, deduplication, and cloud storage
Let's take a look at everything that's included in the Barracuda Backup subscription:
- Local appliance for fast backup windows and recovery times
- Source side and target deduplication with the local appliance and Barracuda’s Agent
- Site license for Barracuda software required to back up and recover data
- Unlimited Cloud storage – flat-rate pricing for Barracuda Backup cloud storage (up to the limit of the Barracuda appliance)
- 24 x 7 x 365 award-winning US-based phone and email support
- Next business day shipment of replacement in the event of a hardware failure
- New appliance (same model) replacements for units that are four years old and continually under a service contract
- Access to Cloud LiveBoot for offsite recovery of VMware virtualized servers
Barracuda recommends that you save about half of the local storage space on the Backup device for growth and scalability. In the event that you outgrow your Barracuda Backup, Barracuda offers credit for the remainder of the subscription towards the purchase of a larger subscription or appliance. Customers that outgrow an appliance in 60 days are able to receive 100 percent credit towards a larger appliance. Barracuda will work with the customer to migrate data and configuration from the smaller appliance to the new appliance.
If you'd like to try out the Barracuda Backup, you can do so here, risk-free for 30 days. And if you have any questions or comments, be sure to connect with us on social. We're at Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google +. Check out our videos on YouTube.
For more information on Barracuda Backup, visit these resources:
Christine Barry ist Senior Chief Blogger und Social Media Manager bei Barracuda. In dieser Rolle hilft sie, Barracuda-Geschichten zum Leben zu erwecken und die Kommunikation zwischen der Öffentlichkeit und den internen Barracuda-Teams zu erleichtern. Bevor sie zu Barracuda kam, war Christine über 15 Jahre lang als Außendiensttechnikerin und Projektmanagerin für K12- und KMU-Kunden tätig. Sie hat mehrere Abschlüsse in Technologie, einen Bachelor of Arts und einen Master of Business Administration. Sie ist Absolventin der University of Michigan.
Vernetzen Sie sich hier auf LinkedIn mit Christine.