Earlier this year we announced that the Barracuda Web Application Firewall was available on Microsoft Azure. This was our first application available on Azure and it was significant for a handful of reasons,
- Developers are increasingly turning to Azure to deliver their applications
- Azure is gaining momentum with companies moving to the cloud
- Microsoft views security as a top priority
Microsoft Azure (formerly Windows Azure) is a cloud platform that allows developers to host their apps and app-related data entirely in the cloud. This frees the developers from dealing with operating systems, network infrastructure, storage scalability, etc., and allows them to focus more on their app. With the growth of Azure, application developers and end-users are thinking more about the security mechanisms protecting their data. With Barracuda WAF on Azure deployed and configured correctly, developers and users can be confident that they are getting the same security in the cloud as on-premises.
Today we are pleased to announce that the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC and the Barracuda NG Firewall are now available on the Microsoft Azure platform. Barracuda solutions for Azure provide complete application security and secure remote access to Microsoft Azure.
- Barracuda NG Firewall – An enterprise solution to re-establish control of networks made chaotic and vulnerable by the explosion of mobile and BYOD devices, evasive Web 2.0 applications, and remote network users. The Barracuda NG Firewall provides VPN and security-enhanced remote network access between customer networks and the Azure cloud platform.
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC – A great solution for application performance and availability. The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC provides high-performance load balancing and application delivery for Microsoft applications hosted in Azure such as SharePoint or Exchange
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall – The Barracuda WAF was one of the first web application firewalls and application delivery platforms available on Azure. It is a complete and powerful security solution for protecting web applications and websites from malicious attacks. Barracuda WAF protection can be purchased on an hourly basis, which adds flexibility for Azure customers.
Whenever you are ready to embrace the public cloud, Barracuda will be there to secure your journey.
Visit our website for more information on Barracuda solutions for Microsoft Azure.
Christine Barry ist Senior Chief Blogger und Social Media Manager bei Barracuda. Bevor sie zu Barracuda kam, war Christine über 15 Jahre als Außendiensttechnikerin und Projektmanagerin für K12 und SMB-Kunden tätig. Sie hat mehrere Zugangsdaten für Technologie und Projektmanagement, einen Bachelor of Arts und einen Master of Business Administration. Sie ist Absolventin der University of Michigan.
Vernetzen Sie sich hier auf LinkedIn mit Christine.